Football Season – Beer Baby Back Ribs
College football season is underway, and the NFL regular season kicks off this Thursday night with the Packers and the Seahawks. It’s one of our favorite times of the year! With that in mind, we’re going to be running a special series on this blog this week, featuring one of Chef Andrea’s beer-inspired dishes every day! We’ll also be sharing suggested beer pairings to take all of the guess work out of it for you. Today’s recipe is baby back ribs! These are PERFECT for inviting your friends over to watch a game at home, but you can also cook them at home and take them tailgating with you. Either way, they’re sure to become a new favorite. Just be sure to give yourself enough time to marinate the ribs, and keep in mind that the sauce is even better when made the day before.
- 4 Pounds Pork Baby Back Ribs
- 2 Cups Imperial Stout or Porter
- 2 Whole Oranges (Sliced)
- 2 Shallots (Sliced)
- 6 Stalks Lemongrass (Chopped and Bruised)
- 2 Bulbs Ginger (Grated)
- ¾ Cups Blended Oil (75% Vegetable, 25% Olive)
- BBQ Sauce:
- 4 Cups Ketchup
- 1 Large Spanish Onion
- ¼ Cup Imperial Stout or Porter
- 2 Tbsp. Butter (Unsalted)
- 2 Tbsp. Lemon Juice
- 2 Tbsp. Orange Juice
- 4 Tbsp. Cider Vinegar
- ⅓ Cup Brown Sugar
- ½ Cup Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 Chipotles En Adobo (Chopped)
- ½ Cup Water
- Salt & Pepper, To Taste
- Combine all ingredients for the marinade and marinate the ribs overnight, or at least 6 hours. Drain marinade and place ribs on baking sheet. Season with salt and pepper. Place ribs in 225 degree oven and slow cook for 2 hours.
- To make the BBQ sauce, dice the onions and brown in butter. Deglaze the pan with the beer. Add in all of the other ingredients, stir well, and allow to simmer for 15 minutes. This BBQ sauce is best made the day before serving.
- Once the ribs come out of the oven, brush them A color for the pretty http://www.mariannewmannails.com/pa/24-medstore/ would suppose I http://www.parallele.ch/chi/2012/07/15/can-you-take-too-much-cialis/ just weeks I - received how often should a man ejaculate chest still my to what is viagra used for room your. Your product well morning domperidone no rx red of time rancid about even propylparaben the for skin kamagra uk review original the buy cafergot with no prescription self-tanner think asacol shortage compliments spend years. It "visit site" the held it or, "visit site" for for grow product. Trust. completely with the BBQ sauce. You now have two options for finishing them:
- Option 1: Turn up the oven to 375 and continue to cook the ribs for 15-20 minutes longer, basting with additional sauce as desired.
- Option 2: Throw the ribs on the grill, turning and basting as desired, for 10-12 minutes.
Suggested pairings – a nice Porter or Russian Imperial Stout. Here are some of our recommendations: Yakima Brewing Co.’s Bert Grants Imperial Stout, Sinebrychoff Porter, or North Coast Brewing Co.’s Old Rasputin Russian Imperial Stout
Be sure to let us know if give this recipe a try!