Football Season – Mediterranean Mussels Steamed in Pale Ale with Teardrop Tomatoes & Andouille Sausage
It’s the last day of our series on beer-inspired recipes
that are just perfect for game day. We’ve saved the best for last, and even though it sounds like the fanciest of them all, it actually couldn’t be simpler. Just use good, fresh ingredients and your delicious meal will be ready in no time.
- 2 Dozen Mussels
- 2 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- ¾ Cup Yellow Teardrop Tomatoes
- ¾ Cup Red Teardrop Tomatoes
- ½ Cup Andouille Sausage (Cut in Half Lengthwise, Then in ¼ Inch Pieces)
- 1½ Tbsp. Chopped Cilantro
- 2½ Cups Pale Ale
- 1 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt, White Pepper, & Fresh Lime Juice, To Taste
- Baguette, For Serving
- In a large hot sauté pan, add ½ a tablespoon of olive oil, the sausage, garlic, mussels, and beer. Cover and let steam until mussels just start to open.
- Add tomatoes and cilantro. Cover again for about 30 seconds to 1 minute. Mussels should be open. Add salt, pepper, and lime juice to taste.
- Pour mussels and liquid into bowls over good, crusty baguette. Drizzle remaining olive oil and serve.